Web + App Development
One of the earliest adopters of the Internet, Wieck has been developing websites for the past quarter century. Our team of seasoned professionals has the experience needed to build sophisticated and reliable websites and mobile phone apps from the ground up.
- Wieck began developing digital newsrooms for clients in the late 1990s as companies became aware that all types of media files could be digitized and distributed via the Internet. The early pioneers were the automotive manufacturers and news organizations, but other companies soon followed. Wieck now has built online newsrooms for clients in such widely diverse fields as airlines and airports, education, energy, entertainment, golf resorts, government, healthcare, food, insurance, motorsports, public relations, and tourism.
- No two companies have the same exact goals, priorities and requirements when it comes to website needs. That’s why Wieck uses a team approach to develop first a strategy, then the workflow and, finally, the integrated design of our custom digital platforms. But we also have some standard at-the-ready tools for building something fast when a special need arises.
- Anyone trying to disseminate news and information should offer a mobile app now that there are more mobile devices in the world than there are people. That’s why Wieck was among the early developers of responsive applications for our clients enabling their information to be formatted properly for any mobile device.
- Client website hosting was offered alongside and at the very beginning of our website development. Originally, Wieck managed and maintained its own servers to host client sites and content. As our client list grew, we migrated those chores to various co-locations that were certified as secure by the Department of Defense. Now, hosting for Wieck clients is shared among several of the cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, IBM’s Softlayer, Media Temple and Rackspace.
- From the beginning, Wieck’s management and staff has advised clients on a variety of technical and practical levels for best practices and results. The confidence in our expertise stems from our extensive background in the news business and our technical research and development, along with our continuing association with news and information groups, public relations organizations and societies, and various tech groups.
Pioneering the online newsroom, Wieck has been managing and distributing content for decades. Admired for their speed and agility, our editorial desk team has been trusted to publish and deliver vital content on behalf of leading global corporations.
- Unlike most web development and content management companies, Wieck has from inception provided editorial services for clients who need them. Most companies have limited resources and skill sets to properly focus on the non-daily, often sporadic, chores of preparing and loading document, image, audio and video files to ensure proper placement, visibility, and data recording. And even for clients that do have the resources, Wieck’s editorial team provides backup for those occasional “oops” moments when things go awry, sometimes for unknown reasons. Our editors are top-notch, dedicated to excellence and have well-rounded skill sets in editing and proofing broadcast, graphic, photo, text and video files.
- The Wieck editorial team reviews all client content to ensure proper format, tags and other metadata criteria before posting. We can make changes on the fly, as when a key figure is promoted or departs, an existing product or service becomes an award winner, or for whatever reason existing content needs quickly to be repurposed. And we routinely manage “hold for release” or “advance” materials; preparing them for publication and than making them “live” at the appointed day and hour. We also are adept at handling “exclusive” materials that are to be distributed on a limited or one-shot basis to designated individuals or media entities.
- Whether you need to distribute your digital files to the public, to the media, or just internally, Wieck’s online DAM systems are designed for ease of use on both ends. Among the most time consuming preparations in developing any digital platform are work flow analysis and selection of the proper tools with which staff can do the job. Wieck prides itself in easing clients through this oft-difficult process that is key to the success of any DAM or website with a large number of assets. On the other side is the requirement that the system be easy on the user. While less difficult to design, this requirement is just as important. Wieck always is looking to improve the user experience on each side of its systems.
- Our systems are designed to provide custom reporting as needed for each of our clients. The Wieck editorial team checks each file before posting to ensure that all metadata is in place to facilitate client reports and tracking. And when needed, we engage the most respected analytical services to compile special and extraordinary reporting and tracking when required.
Wieck Studios (Multimedia Production + Distribution)
Wieck Studios is a full-service multimedia production and content development wing focused on visual story telling. We utilize compelling creative visuals and words to obtain impressionable impact that directly drives action. Specializing in distributing your content via multiple broadcast and online multimedia platforms, we maximize your company’s reach by targeting specific audiences. From multimedia news creation and distribution to earned and paid strategic placement, Wieck has the tools and the team necessary to get your important news to your target audience in a timely, impactful manner.
- Founded by a team of award-winning photojournalists, Wieck understands the value of story telling through photo and video. From script to screen, we offer full-service video production for public relations, marketing, social media, and events, including trade shows, red carpet, and various media events. Our services include B-roll, animation, explainer videos, kinetic typography, live footage, and more.
- Whether we’re sending your latest news through the world’s top newswire services or placing your news in sponsored content sections of outlets your target consumers love most, our various packages and strategies for broadcast and online media platforms are sure to drive business.
- Regional, national and global distribution is available for broadcasting entities, whether they reach consumers online, via the airwaves, cable or satellite.
- Wieck offers studio and remote packages that will get your expert representative on air promoting your brand. Packages include production, consultation, coordination, media relations, pitching, scheduled development, live on site coordination, and results tracking.
- From auto shows to consumer electronic shows, Wieck has the relationships and experience needed to connect your brand with broadcast and web media that will get your products the extensive, cost-effective exposure you seek.
- An efficient, cost-effective way to get optimal on-air message exposure, your series of one-on-one customized radio interviews can stand alone or be combined with a satellite media tour.
- Wieck can produce and deliver your audio news or feature segment to radio stations and networks both regionally and nationally.
- Whether you are seeking to raise awareness or disseminate an important message to the public, we have the tools necessary to produce your PSA.
- We offer a switched multi-camera TV production package for media events, trade shows, corporate events, analyst meetings, and more.
- Audio and video packages offer live on-site streaming capabilities, hosting and multimedia landing pages.
Combining valuable human support with the design, installation and maintenance of a combination of hardware and software, Wieck has created a Social Media Listening Center tool that sorts through and highlights important conversations that impact and influence your company’s reputation and online presence.
- Filtering through massive amounts of material on blogs, social media and various reviews sites, we highlight key mentions and online conversations via a clean, interactive dashboard you can access at any time. We’ll make sure you have the information you need for proactive reputational management.
- Whether you need us to design, host and/or manage your company blog, our skilled team has access to the tools and technology sure to facilitate your online presence.
For more information, please contact us.